This post may contain Affiliate Links, which means we may receive a commission if you click a link and purchase something. Please check our Disclosure Policy for more details.
I’m terrible at sales pitches but if anyone ever says they’re thinking about the Instant Pot – I’m totally guilty of jumping into the conversation and selling it as hard as I can – as if I’m getting a commission from the sale.
It’s great for cooking quick meals, especially during the week. Now cooking meals after work feels less of chore (and bonus: there’s usually fewer dishes to clean up!). I’m definitely sold! As a result, my guilty pleasure now consists of browsing through and saving every instant pot recipe I see! Usually, these are meals, but I got curious by all the pretty cheesecakes people have been making.
Making cheesecake always seems like a stressful activity!
You gotta get everything right when making it in the oven: Don’t overmix, don’t undermix, do a waterbath, don’t overbake… and the list goes on!
The cheesecake took just 1 hour from mixing to the ingredients to taking it out of the instant pot! Of course I added some chocolate to it, because well what could go wrong with chocolate! Here’s the recipe!
If you try it, let me know how it turned out!
Cookies and Cream – Instant Pot Cheesecake!
2 tbsp butter
1/2 cup chocolate cookie crumbs
455 grams cream cheese* at room temperature
1/2 cup sugar
2 eggs, at room temperature
1/4 cup sour cream
1 tbsp flour (or cornstarch)
splash of vanilla
pinch of salt
1/4 cup of chocolate cookie crumbs
Instant Pot and Trivet
6 inch springfoam or cake pan
*16 ounces or in Canada – just shy of two packages of cream cheese in the cardboard boxes (not the ones in the plastic tub)
- Wrap the pan with paper towel to absorb moisture
- Wrap the pan in foil over the paper towel
- Melt the butter in microwave and cool for a couple of minutes
- Mix in 1/2 cup of chocolate cookie crumb
- Layer the mixture into the bottom of your cake pan
- Press down with a spoon
- Place it into the fridge or freezer
In a large bowl, beat cream cheese
- Add in the sugar and beat until smooth
- Crack the eggs into the mixtures, one at a time, and beat into incorporate to the mixture
- Add in the sour cream, and vanilla
- Mix in the flour and pinch of salt
- Scrape the bowl and mix well incorporate all the ingredients
- Fold in the cookie crumbs
- Pour on top of the cooled crust
Instant Pot prep:
- Add in 1.5 cups of water to the bottom of the instant pot liner
- Place trivet in the instant pot
- Carefully place the cake pan with the cheesecake on top of the trivet
- Lock the lid in place and set the vent to “sealing”
- Set on manual for 40 minutes
- Once the instant pot beeps, leave it in there for 10 minutes
- After 10 minutes, release the pressure and open the lid
- Rest in the pot for a couple of minutes (you’ll notice that the cheesecake is slowly deflating)
- Carefully remove from the Instant Pot
- Run a knife along the edges to loosen the cheesecake
- Cool to room temperature
- Place in the fridge for at least 4 hours (if you can resist)