This post may contain Affiliate Links, which means we may receive a commission if you click a link and purchase something. Please check our Disclosure Policy for more details.
I honestly feel a sense of relief as January has finally ended. Throughout the month of January, there is a constant pressure to do things better, to do things faster, to do things more efficiently, just because we’ve changed the calendars from 2018 to 2019.
January is the month of keeping up with the resolutions and not wavering from the path of the perfect version of you. We’ve all been there, promise ourselves to workout five times a week, which results in new a lot of new yoga pants but maybe not actual workouts.
So yes, I’m relieved that January is over, and I can focus on being me in February.
Also, some fun things coming up, like Valentine’s Day, we get a long weekend here in Toronto, and my husband and I will be celebrating being married for six months!
Honestly, I cannot believe how quickly the time has passed! I’m still a bit scarred from wedding planning, to be honest, it was an experience, to say the least. But now, we’re in 2019, and I can focus on us / me!
What happened in January?
Books I read in January
Overall, this year I resolved to read 30 books. January was a good start, with three books – all of these were non-fiction memoirs, written by women. Sensing a pattern?
Orange is the New Black
Bitter is the New Black
Book Reviews to follow!
Blog Posts this Month:
- I introduced Food Trotter series on this blog – a series about exploring food around the world! The first country is Turkey.
- So, we talked about the ingredients you need to make Turkish food.
- And ate a breakfast feast from Turkey!
- When we weren’t eating Turkish food, there was a Creamy Chicken Pesto Pasta – good on both pasta or spaghetti squash
- And to sweeten things up, A peanut butter brownie recipe
- Or an Apple Pie Pancake recipe if that’s more your thing.
- There was also a 2018 recap – because January is a month of reflection and forging ahead.
- And there were a few lessons I learned while the Keto diet for a while last year in 2018!
Other January Highlights:
- I kept up with my Bullet Journal (for the most part). I’ll be posting something this month about my experience bullet journalling, because it’s not all fun games like Pinterest/Instagram make it seem!
- Resolutions like working out and drinking more water, haven’t gone as well, but this means that I’ll have to work harder on that in February!
Looking ahead to February:
- Valentine’s Day – I’m not really big on celebrations, but we’ll probably do a dinner, and if you’ve been following along on Instagram, there’s already some Valentine’s Day treats I’ve made to get into the spirit!
- Visiting Johnson City – Later in February, I’ll be visiting Johnson City, Tennessee. My parents recently moved there, so I thought I’d visit. It’s a small town, so it’ll be very different than being in the city. Let’s hope I survive!
- I’ll be continuing the Food Trotter series, here on the blog.
- Last month, we ate and read a lot about Turkish cuisine. I do have a couple of more posts left for that, but I’ll be exploring a new country.
- My husband has suggested Japan, but to be honest, that is intimidating to me, so I might just have to wait a bit longer for that one. If you have any suggestions for the next country, let me know!
- Trying to keep warm!
- We had quite a bit of snow this past week! Generally, I hibernate in the winter, and this year I have even more of an excuse to be home since I work from now!
- I’m just looking forward for winter to be over this month!