This post may contain Affiliate Links, which means we may receive a commission if you click a link and purchase something. Please check our Disclosure Policy for more details.
These caramel pecan cheesecake brownies are perfect dessert for anyone with a sweet tooth, whether you like brownies, cheesecake, or pecan pie!
If you didn’t already know, I have a massive sweet tooth. There is almost no dessert I will turn down, especially if it is a dessert that pairs well with coffee.
I also love desserts that combine unexpected flavors and textures.
That’s where these caramel pecan cheesecake brownies come together. They’re part cheesecake, part brownies, part pecan pie! These classic desserts come together in one pan for a simple yet indulgent dessert in the form of these brownie bars!
How to make Caramel Pecan Cheesecake Brownies?
There are three components to these Caramel Pecan Cheesecake Brownies:
- brownie layer
- cheesecake batter
- caramel pecan layer
This dessert uses a one-bowl brownie batter, made with cocoa powder. The brownie has a perfect fudgy texture, that makes a solid base for the caramel pecan cheesecake brownies.
The cheesecake layer only has 3 ingredients – cream cheese, egg yolk, and sugar.
The key is to make sure that the cream cheese is at room temperature so that it whipped to a light and fluffy texture.
For the caramel pecan layer, we’re going to make a quick caramel in the microwave with butter, brown sugar and cream.
Then, add the chopped pecans to the batter.
Prepare an 8-inch by 8-inch baking pan, with some parchment paper hanging over the rim.
Start with the brownie layer, pushing the batter to the edges.
Then add spoonfuls of cream cheese batter, and the caramel pecan.
Finally, swirl the batters together with a knife or a toothpick to create the pattern on top, before baking at 350ºF for 30ish minutes.
Tips for Pecan Cheesecake Brownies
A few tips to make the best Caramel Pecan Cheesecake Brownies:
- Don’t over-mix the brownie batter, to make sure the brownies are fudgy, rather than airy and cake-like.
- For the cheesecake layer, make sure that the cream cheese is at room temperature. Otherwise, it will be hard to get the batter to be fluffy.
- The caramel pecan mixture needs to at room temperature before adding it to the pan.
- This recipe is best suited to an 8-inch by 8-inch baking pan.
- When preparing the baking pan with parchment paper, make sure it hangs over the edges. It will be easier to remove the brownies from the pan.
- Once baked, check for doneness by inserting a toothpick into the brownie part. The cheesecake might still be jiggly at this time.
- Cool in the pan till it comes to room temperature, about 30 minutes to an hour. Then refrigerate it for at least 2 hours, or overnight if possible.
- To cut into the brownies, run a knife until hot water before cutting into the brownies. You’ll get pieces with nice edges!
Follow me on Instagram @sprinklesandscribbles for more baking inspiration!
Ready to make these Caramel Pecan Cheesecake Brownies?
Shop my favorites baking tools:
Caramel Pecan Cheesecake Brownies
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter melted (100g)
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil (olive oil or coconut oil are fine)
- 1 cup granulated sugar 200 g
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour 60 g
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder 50 g
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 250 g cream cheese softened (1 package)
- 1/4 cup 50g granulated sugar
- 1 egg yolk
Pecan Caramel Layer
- 1/4 c unsalted butter 50 g
- 1/2 c brown sugar 100 g
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- Pinch of salt
- 2/3 cup Chopped pecans
- Melt 1/2 cup of unsalted butter in the microwave.
- While still hot, add granulated sugar, and mix for about 1 min
- Add 2 eggs
- Add vanilla extract and 1 tablespoon of oil
- Sift in flour, cocoa powder and salt
- Mix just until combined
- Combine and whip cream cheese until fluffy
- Add in sugar and egg yolk, and beat until combined
Caramel Pecan Layer
- Melt unsalted butter
- Add brown sugar and cream, mix together.
- Microwave again for 45 seconds
- Fold in chopped pecans
- Let cool, until it comes to room temperature, for 15-30 minutes in the fridge.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF
- Prep baking pan (8 inch x 8 inch) with parchment paper
- Set aside 1/3 c of brownie batter.
- Add the rest of the batter to prepared baking pan, making sure to flatten batter to the edges
- Add cream cheese by the spoonful, alternating with pecan caramel, and brownie batter set aside
- Swirl with toothpick or knife to marble
- Bake for 28-32 minutes, until toothpick poked into brownie comes out clean
- Cheesecake might still be jiggly.