This post may contain Affiliate Links, which means we may receive a commission if you click a link and purchase something. Please check our Disclosure Policy for more details.
These Mini-Egg blondies are the perfect treat with chewy blondies stuffed with lots of mini eggs in a simple one-bowl blondie batter!
Honestly, my favorite scents of all time are baked goods. Walking into a bakery for a fresh pastry and coffee is the scent of my happy place. If anyone knows how I can bottle this scent into a candle, let me know!
And there is something especially cozy about seasonal treats. Like anything with warm spices in the fall, peppermint during the holidays, or the fresh fruity scents in the summer.
What I love about desserts and baked goods is that they’re not a necessity but a splurge. And it is something we can enjoy with all our senses, especially smell, sight and of course taste!
These mini egg blondies of course signal to me that it is almost Easter, and that spring is in full swing!
I love the vibrant, and pastel candy-coated shells and the chocolatey insides of these candies. If you do too, make sure to also check out my Mini Egg Cookies!
There is so much to love about these Mini Egg Blondies. They’re:
- Filled with lots of candy inside and on top
- One-bowl, simple batter
- No fancy equipment – I do recommend using a hand mixer but it’s also easy enough with a whisk!
- Looks good, and tastes good
Ingredients & Tools
- Melted Butter – using melted butter makes this a quick recipe and gives the blondies a chewy texture
- Oil – You’ll notice a little oil along with the melted butter in the recipe. I find that lends to those crackly tops on picture-perfect brownies and blondies.
- Sugar – We’re using both white and brown sugar, for the optimal flavor and texture. I do the same in all my chocolate chip cookie recipes (like these Mini Egg Cookies!). The recipe calls for dark brown sugar, but any brown sugar will work.
- Eggs and Egg Yolk – The egg yolk gives the blondies a chewy texture we’re looking
- Cadbury Mini Eggs – These are my all-time favorite candy this time of year. Of course, you could use this recipe with any other candy or sprinkles too!
- Electric Hand Mixer (my favorite Kitchenaid Mixer) – I recommend using a hand mixer for this recipe you can really get the right texture without an arm workout. But you can definitely work use a whisk for this recipe.
How to make Mini Egg Blondies
This recipe has a quick batter and bakes up in about a half-hour. I would recommend waiting for the blondies to cool a little before enjoying the best texture!
Mix the wet ingredients and sugar
In a large bowl add in the melted butter, oil, white sugar, and brown sugar.
Mix this until it is light and fluffy. You’ll notice the color of the batter become pale and fluffy. I like to use my Kitchenaid hand mixer at medium-high speed for this step.
Then, add in the eggs, one egg at a time until it is fully incorporated.
Add in the dry ingredients
Next sift in the flour, baking powder and salt. You don’t have to sift it, but I find that sifting it into the batter means that you have to spend less time folding it into the batter.
Next add in the chopped Cadbury Mini Eggs and fold it into the batter.
To chop the Mini Eggs, you can either chop the mini eggs with a knife or add them to a bag and go over them with a rolling a few times to crush them.
Bake and Serve
Once the batter is ready, add it to the prepared pan and spread it to the edges so the batter is evenly spread in the pan.
Sprinkle with more mini-eggs on top.
Bake for 28-32 minutes, until a toothpick poked into blondie, comes out clean.
Cool in pan for 15-30 minutes, then cut and serve.
- When mixing the wet ingredients make sure the batter is light and fluffy. I highly recommend using a hand mixer or a stand mixer in this step. The batter should be a pale brown color and fluffy.
- Once you add in the dry ingredients – the flour, salt, and baking powder – do not over mix the batter. Mix them in until it is just incorporated. It’s best to use a spatula at this point.
- I recommend not using whole mini eggs for the top of the batter, they’ll just sink to the bottom of the batter while baking.
Let me know if you give this Mini-Egg Blondie recipe a try!
Tag me in your creations and follow me on Instagram @sprinklesandscribbles for more baking inspiration!
Mini Egg Blondies
- 1 stick unsalted butter melted 113g
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil olive oil or coconut oil are fine
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar 100 g
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar dark 100 g
- 2 large eggs + 1 yolk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 240 g all purpose flour 2 cups
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Prepare a 9-inch by 9-inch baking pan by greasing the pan with oil or butter.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF In a large mixing bowl add in the melted butter, oil, and sugars, mix until light and fluffy.
- Then add in the eggs and egg yolk one at a time until fully incorporated.
- Add in the vanilla extract and mix it into the batter.
- Next, sift in the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Mix into the batter just until incorporated, without overmixing.
- Fold in the chopped mini eggs.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan.
- Sprinkle with additional mini eggs
- Bake for 28-32 minutes, until a toothpick poked into blondie, comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 15-30 minutes, then cut and serve.