This post may contain Affiliate Links, which means we may receive a commission if you click a link and purchase something. Please check our Disclosure Policy for more details.
Did you know January 24, is National Peanut Butter Day? You can read all about it here!
There’s also a National Peanut Butter Lover’s Day (March 1), National Peanut Day (September 13) and National Peanut Butter and Jelly Day (April 2), in case you were wondering.
There’s a holiday dedicated to every food probably imaginable. I secretly do enjoy food holidays. Every celebration includes food, so why not include celebrate food? (there’s some food for thought). But really, I never need an excuse to bake, cook, or write about food!
That brings me to peanut butter! It can be a controversial yet comforting ingredient. I tend to use natural peanut butter because I like to take my sugar in the form of chocolate. My favorite lately has been the Kraft All Natural Peanut Butter. Speaking of chocolate, peanut butter and chocolate is a match made in heaven. There’s something comforting about the saltiness of peanuts, combined with sweet chocolate. (If you’ve ever had a Nutella Peanut Butter sandwich, I know you’d agree). So of course, I had to make a brownie combining the two.
Peanut Butter White Chocolate Brownies
Chocolate makes an appearance twice in this recipe: semi-sweet chocolate in the base of the brownie, and white chocolate combined with peanut butter in the swirl layer!
What’s also great about this recipe is that it uses a smaller pan. Most brownie recipes are fit for a feast. Even my Red Velvet Cream Cheese Brownies were made for a bigger pan. This time, I used a small loaf pan: like this 8 x 4 pan like this Wilton pan. The recipe made a solid six pieces – which makes it perfect for a couple people to eat over the course of a few days so you don’t have to feel as guilty about having a whole pan of brownies lying around. In no ways does this mean you have to share, keep it to yourself savor it one piece a day (if you can make it last that long!)
Give it a shot! I know you wont be disappointed!
If you try the recipe, let me know in the comments below how it went!
White Chocolate Peanut Butter Swirled Brownies
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter melted, 1/2 stick
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup melted chocolate
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour 95g
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder 21g
- 2 tbsp instant coffee or 1/2espresso
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
Peanut butter Swirl
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup white chocolate
- 1 /2 tbsp cream
- 1 egg yolk
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Prepare an 8 x 4-inch pan with parchment paper.
- Melt the butter in a large microwave-safe bowl for one minute (2 - 30-second increments).
- Add in brown sugar, white sugar and beat well.
- Add the egg, melted chocolate, vanilla and mix well
- Add in the dry ingredients: cocoa powder, flour, salt, and espresso powder or instant coffee.
- Mix until just combined.
Peanut butter layer
- In a separate bowl, melt white chocolate chips with 1/2 table spoon cream.
- Once melted, combine with peanut butter, and egg yolk.
- Mix until it is completely smooth.
Putting it together:
- Add the brownie mixture to the prepared pan (8 x 4)
- Drop spoonfuls of the peanut butter white chocolate mixture on top of the prepared brownie batter.
- Glide a knife through the layers, creating a swirl pattern
- Bake the brownies for 18-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Allow the brownies to cool completely before cutting into squares.