This post may contain Affiliate Links, which means we may receive a commission if you click a link and purchase something. Please check our Disclosure Policy for more details.
Upgrade your weekend brunch routine with this simple and decadent Raspberry Cheesecake Stuffed French Toast, ready in only 15 minutes!
We’re huge fans of brunch around here. I actually almost never eat breakfast. But breakfast foods are my favorite type of food. Both savory and sweet options – better yet, when both show up together!
I love trying to upgrade old favorites, like adding random toppings to pancakes or fillings to french toast. The possibilities are really endless!
Since we’re kinda in the midst of summer, recipe testing with berries seemed like a no-brainer.
The combination of tart raspberry and rich cream cheese is indulgent and quite heavenly just like in these raspberry cream cheese hand pies. But honestly, I don’t have the patience to turn on the oven, or make pie dough all the time.
Enter: this Raspberry Cheesecake French Toast. This magically comes together in about fifteen minutes, which coincidentally is about the same time it takes my husband to make coffee.
How to make Raspberry Cheesecake French Toast?
#1: Make a mixture with raspberries, softened cream cheese, and a bit of sugar.
#2: Spread the mixture on the slices of bread to make a sandwich.
#3: Make the egg/milk mixture with eggs, milk, cinnamon, salt and sugar.
#4: Dip your sandwich in the egg and milk mixture.
#5: Fry to golden perfection!
The recipe below is for one, it can easily be doubled or tripled. Just make sure to make enough for yourself. You will not want to share this decadent treat!
What kind of bread should I use?
I personally LOVE using leftover brioche bread for this! It is a perfect vehicle for this Stuffed Raspberry Cheese French Toast.
Other top contenders for this are Challah bread or any thicker cut of white bread!
Toppings for Raspberry Cheesecake French Toast
This Raspberry Cheesecake Stuffed French Toast is perfect for a weekend breakfast or dessert! It’s also great for a breakfast in bed kinda situation.
You can serve the Raspberry Cheesecake Stuffed French Toast with some maple syrup, fresh berries, icing sugar, whipped cream, or even chocolate syrup – basically any of your favorite french toast toppings!
Need more brunch inspiration?
If you’re a chocolate or Nutella lover, this Nutella Stuffed French Toast may just be more your pace!
Follow me on Instagram @sprinklesandscribbles for more brunch and baking inspiration!
Raspberry Stuffed French Toast
- 2 slices bread
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese
- 1/4 cup raspberries
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons sugar divided
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon butter
- Syrup optional topping
- In a small bowl, with a fork, crush the raspberries, then mix in cream cheese, and 1 tsp sugar.
- In a shallow bowl or deep plate, mix the egg, milk, cinnamon, 1 tsp sugar and salt.
- Spread the raspberry cream cheese mix on both slices of bread and make a sandwich.
- Dip both sides of the sandwich into the egg/milk mixture.
- Heat your pan over medium heat. Once hot, melt butter in a pan.
- Cook the sandwich over medium heat, in the pan until it is golden brown on both sides, about 2-3 minutes per side.
- Top with more raspberries, whipped cream, syrup and/or powdered sugar.
- The recipe can be doubled or tripled.
- Fresh raspberries can be swapped for 1-2 tablespoons of raspberry jam.