This post may contain Affiliate Links, which means we may receive a commission if you click a link and purchase something. Please check our Disclosure Policy for more details.
These chewy s’mores cookies are jam-packed with all the fix-ins of S’mores enjoyed by the campfire – gooey marshmallows, melted chocolate, and of course graham crackers, so you can enjoy S’mores all year round!
Yes, I know it’s September and I’m still here posting summer recipes! But I’m not ready for summer to be done yet!
I realize it’s almost fall, and everyone is ready with their fall sweaters and pumpkin lattes. And as much as I enjoy all things fall, I’m not ready to let go of summer, and I intend to enjoy every last bit of the summer!
For me, S’mores are the ultimate treat, best enjoyed by a campfire, and of course, they scream summer.
These S’mores cookies are filled with all the fix-ins of S’mores enjoyed by the campfire – gooey marshmallows, melted chocolate, and of course graham crackers!
But really, the best part about these cookies is that there’s no reason it has to be summer. You can enjoy them all year. So I guess, like me, you can keep just a little bit of summer around!
A FEW TIPS FOR S’MORES COOKIES
Here are some tips that will make your s’mores cookies taste amazing!
- Make sure to use mini marshmallows for this recipe so you get little bits in every cookie.
- Save a few mini marshmallow extras so you can top your cookie right before baking. The marshmallows on top got a little toasty and they made the cookies look so good!
- I recommend using milk chocolate chips because it reminds me the most of eating s’mores by the campfire. But feel free to sub in semi-sweet, or dark chocolate chips if you prefer!.
- This s’mores cookie recipe, like my other cookie recipes, uses both brown and white sugar, and extra egg yolk. This results in a soft and chewy cookie.
- Make sure to chill the cookie dough. The extra time in the fridge is what makes these cookies chewy. Don’t skip it!
Follow me on Instagram @sprinklesandscribbles for more baking inspiration!
Ready to make some S’mores Cookies?
Shop my favorites:
- 2.5 cups all-purpose flour 301 grams
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking power
- 1 1/3 sticks unsalted butter melted 150 grams
- 1 cups white sugar 175 grams
- 2/3 cup light or dark brown sugar 125 grams
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 c milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup mini marshmallows plus additional for topping the cookies
- 1/2 cup chopped graham crackers about 5-6 cookies
- Melt the unsalted butter in the microwave or stovetop.
- Add the white sugar, and brown sugar, and mix until the butter is fluffy.
- Add the eggs and vanilla to the mixture and mix on medium speed for another 3-4 minutes. The batter should be light-colored and fluffy at this point.
- Add in the dry ingredients (flour, salt, and baking soda) and mix well until all the dry mixture is combined with the wet ingredients just until combined. Don’t overmix.
- Add in the mini marshmallows, milk chocolate chips, and chopped graham crackers and fold into the rest of the batter.
- Divide the batter into equal balls of dough (I use an ice cream scooper to help). The dough usually makes about 16 cookies, depending on the size.
- Place mixture in the fridge for at least 2 hours (ideally overnight).
- Pre-heat oven to 350ºF degrees.
- On a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicone mat, place cookie dough balls at least 1.5 inches apart.
- Top with extra mini marshmallows
- Place cookie sheet in the oven and bake for 8-12 minutes. The sides should start to brown on the sides but the center will look soft.
- Remove from the oven.
- Using a circle cookie cutter or lid, shape the cookies if they are not perfectly round (if desired)
- Leave in the cookie sheet to cool for at least 20 minutes.
- The cookies will be too soft when they are fresh from the oven and will harden as they cool.