This post may contain Affiliate Links, which means we may receive a commission if you click a link and purchase something. Please check our Disclosure Policy for more details.
This cereal milk latte is a fun twist to your morning coffee, made with cereal infused milk for an added touch of sweetness to your coffee!
I have not had cereal for breakfast in years! Although we typically have cereal in the house, I only eat it plain, as a snack, while watching TV.
The thing I’ve missed over the last year is going out to different coffee shops to work out of and try the different coffee drinks we have in the city. So I’ve taken it upon myself to try as many different combinations of coffee drinks as I possibly can.
One of my favorites to date has been this brown sugar cardamom latte. But today I’m sharing this cereal milk latte that has been on repeat for us here!
If you are looking for more cereal desserts you might also love:
How to make Cereal Milk
Cereal milk is made by infusing cereal into your choice of milk.
- 1/4 cup of cereal – I used Fruit Loops, but you can use any sweetened cereal you like
- 1/4 cup of your favorite milk – 2%, whole milk, or even unsweetened plant-based milk would work.
Add the cereal to your choice of milk, and let it sit for 15 to 30 minutes. Then strain the milk out, and remove the cereal bits.
Cereal Milk Latte
Once you have your infused cereal, it’s just a matter of making coffee any way you like.
- The two parts to this latte are the cereal-infused milk and a shot of espresso.
- The ratio of the ingredients is just how I enjoy this latte. Experiment with more sugar, less coffee, or different kinds of milk to adjust to your coffee tastes.
- I made the latte with a shot of espresso. But you can also replace it with a strong black coffee.
- Steamed milk really helps bring coffee together. You can use a milk frother like this one I got from Amazon. You can also pour some warm milk into a mason jar, close the lid and shake it for about 30 seconds to get the bubbles.
You can also make a larger batch of cereal milk and store it in the fridge for up to a week, or until the expiration date on the milk, whichever is sooner.
Follow me on Instagram @sprinklesandscribbles for coffee and dessert inspiration!
Cereal Milk Latte
- 1 shot espresso or ½ cup strongly brewed coffee
- 1/4 cup of your favorite cereal I used Fruit Loops
- 1/4 cup milk
- Add cereal to the milk and let it sit for 15-30 minutes, or until the cereal is soft. Strain cereal from milk.
- Steam milk using a milk frother, steam wand, or heating the milk in the microwave then shaking it in a mason jar.
- Pull 1 shot of espresso or brew 1/2 cup of strong coffee.
- To a coffee cup, add coffee or espresso.
- Top with cereal-infused steamed milk.