This post may contain Affiliate Links, which means we may receive a commission if you click a link and purchase something. Please check our Disclosure Policy for more details.
These banana muffins are made with cookie butter and lots of chocolate chips for the perfect treat for breakfast or with a cup of coffee!
Cookie butter has definitely been an ingredient I have been obsessed with for a while now. It has the best combination of flavors – warm, sweet, slightly spicy!
These banana cookie butter muffins are a dream! I love them for so many reasons:
- moist muffin crumb
- loaded with chocolate chips
- not too sweet
- best way to use up leftover bananas
- the perfect breakfast or snack!
If you’re looking for more easy breakfast recipes, here are some of my favorites:
- Strawberry and White Chocolate Muffins
- Cheddar Jalapeño Scones (with Maple Jalapeño Glaze)
- Apple Dutch Baby Pancake
- Sour Cream Pancakes
Ingredients for Cookie Butter Banana Muffins
- Bananas -Ripe bananas that mash easily are best for this recipe. As bananas ripen they also get sweeter, which is perfect for dessert recipes!
- Biscoff spread or Cookie Butter – I used PC brand Cookie butter for this recipe, but I’ve used Lotus Biscoff brand in the past. You can also use grocery store brand including Trader Joes have their own version!
- Sour Cream – I love using sour cream in muffins to get a tender crumb. Highly recommend using sour cream that is full fat.
- Chocolate Chips – both white chocolate or white chocolate chips can be used for this recipe.
How to make Banana Muffins with Cookie Butter?
Mash the 2 bananas.
Add in all the wet ingredients (sour cream, cookie butter, egg) and the sugar. Mix into the bananas until fully incorporated.
Next, add in the dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt)
Fold in the chocolate chips.
Transfer to a muffin tin lined with cupcake or muffin liners.
Sprinkle on a few more chocolate chips if desired.
Bake at 425ºF for 20-23 minutes.
Cool in pan for 10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Tips for Banana Cookie Butter Muffins
- This muffin recipe is the perfect one-bowl recipe.
- The muffin batter is really forgiving. You can dump all the ingredients in one bowl and mix them together.
- The sour cream make these muffins moist, with a really tender crumb!
- I used chocolate chips, but you can even use nuts, or chocolate chunks if you prefer.
- Make sure your oven is hot – if you want your muffins to rise, bakery-style, bake them at a high temperature to get that coveted dome top! I always use an oven thermometer to make sure my oven is at the right temperature.
Follow me on Instagram @sprinklesandscribbles for more baking inspiration!
Banana Cookie Butter Muffins
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 mashed bananas medium sized
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup cookie butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips or chunks
- Mash the 2 bananas.
- Add in all the wet ingredients (sour cream, cookie butter, egg) and the sugar. Mix into the bananas until fully incorporated.
- Next, add in the dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt)
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Transfer to a muffin tin lined with cupcake or muffin liners.
- Sprinkle on a few more chocolate chips if desired.
- Bake at 425ºF for 20-23 minutes.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.