This post may contain Affiliate Links, which means we may receive a commission if you click a link and purchase something. Please check our Disclosure Policy for more details.
These strawberry white chocolate muffins are the perfect breakfast treat loaded with fresh strawberries, and lots of white chocolate!
Strawberries are usually my favorite fruits in the peak of summer! Luckily, even though it’s August we’ve been getting some great strawberries.
Usually that means snacking on lots of fresh strawberries, or adding them smoothies and salads. But I am guilty of buying too many strawberries.
These strawberry white chocolate muffins have quickly become my favorite way to use my end of summer berries!
These strawberry white chocolate muffins are a dream! I love them for so many reason:
- moist muffin crumb
- loaded with jammy strawberries and crunchy white chocolate
- not too sweet
- the perfect breakfast or snack!
If you’re looking for more summer baking recipes, here are some of my favorites:
- Raspberry and White chocolate blondies
- Lemon Blueberry Cookies
- Watermelon Macarons & Watermelon Ice Cream
- S’mores Cookies
Ingredients for Strawberry and White Chocolate Muffins
- Sour Cream – the sour cream makes these muffins super moist, and gives it a tender crumb.
- Oil – the oil allows these muffins to stay moist – plus you won’t need to wait for butter to come to room temperature. I used vegetable oil, but any neutral oil will work.
- Fresh Strawberries – I haven’t tested this with frozen berries. I highly recommend using fresh strawberries here, especially if they’re in season!
- White Chocolate – both white chocolate or white chocolate chips can be used for this recipe.
Tips for Strawberry and White Chocolate Muffins
- This muffin recipe is the perfect one-bowl recipe.
- The muffin batter is really forgiving. You can dump all the ingredients in one bowl and mix them together.
- The oil and sour cream make these muffins moist, with a really tender crumb!
- I used fresh strawberries for these muffins. Make sure they’re chopped pretty small, otherwise you’ll have uneven pieces of strawberries.
- Make sure your oven is hot – if you want your muffins to rise, bakery-style, bake them at a high temperature to get that coveted dome top! I always use an oven thermometer to make sure my oven is at the right temperature.
Tag me in your creations and follow me on Instagram @sprinklesandscribbles for more dessert inspiration!
Strawberry and White Chocolate Muffins
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil cream 60 mL
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup sour cream 60 grams
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup all-purpose flour 140 grams
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup milk (I used 2% milk)
- 1/4 cup white chocolate chips or chopped white chocolate
- 1/2 cup fresh strawberries chopped
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- To a large bowl add vegetable oil, sugar and sour cream. Mix until combined.
- Add in egg and vanilla and mix until combined.
- Next add in all purpose flour, salt and baking powder. Mix until combined.
- Stir in the milk until fully incorporated.
- Fold in white chocolate chips and fresh strawberries.
- Pour into a muffin pan lined with cupcake liners.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes at 375ºF, until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.