This post may contain Affiliate Links, which means we may receive a commission if you click a link and purchase something. Please check our Disclosure Policy for more details.
This delicious pumpkin spice french toast with flavors of pumpkin and all your favorite fall spices is a warm and cozy fall brunch dish!
Fall is definitely the season I associate with all things cozy at home. The weather turns colder, and all I want to do is be wrapped up in a blanket with a warm cup of coffee, and my favorite romantic comedy movies.
Imagine that feeling of all in a brunch recipe. That is the magic of this pumpkin spice french toast.
It’s got pumpkin puree and fall spices, soaked in your favorite bread, then fried to golden perfection.
This pumpkin french toast has all your favorite fall flavors in an indulgent, weekend breakfast.
If you’re a fan of pumpkin and all things fall, then you’ll love this pumpkin spice french toast:
✔ easy brunch recipe
✔ indulgent, and rich french toast with real pumpkin puree
✔ makes your house smell amazing with the flavors of the pumpkin spice
✔ perfect for any cozy fall brunch!
Looking for more fall brunch and coffee recipes?
- Apple Dutch Baby Pancake
- Pumpkin Maple Cold Brew with Cream Foam
- Stuffed Nutella French Toast
- Brown Sugar Cardamom Latte
Ingredients for Pumpkin Spice French Toast
- Bread, sliced – use your favorite type of bread. I love using a rich bread like Brioche for the most inguldent french toast.
- Pumpkin puree – canned pumpkin purree is ideal for this. Mkae sure to use pure pumpkin puree, not pumpkin pie filling.
- Milk & Eggs – these make for a rich custardy base to soak yoru bread into.
- Sugar – the sugar in this recipe really helps caramelize the french toast so you get a golden yellow color. .
- Pumpkin spice mix – I’ve added my favorite pumpkin spice recipe here with cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and allspice. You can also use your favorite store-bought brand or add in your favorite spices.
- Butter or oil – these french toast can be cooked in either butter or oil. If you’re using butter make sure to monitor the temperature of your pan – the butter burns quickly.
- Maple syrup and Icing sugar – these are the perfect sweet toppings for this french toast recipe.
How to make Pumpkin Spice French Toast?
Make the Pumpkin Spice French Toast Batter
In a large bowl whisk together, pumpkin puree, eggs, milk, sugar pumpkin pie spice.
Dip to Soak the Bread
Dip one slice of bread into the pumpkin spice mixture for about 5-10 seconds, and flip to repeat.
Fry the French Toast
Heat a medium-sized skillet on medium heat.
Once the skillet is hot, add in 1 tablespoon of butter or oil.
Transfer the dipped bread to the skillet.
Cook for 2-3 minutes until golden brown.
Flip and continue cooking for another 2-3 minutes until golden brown.
Repeat for each slice of bread.
Transfer to a serving plate.
Sprinkle icing sugar, and serve pumpkin french toast, hot with maple syrup and toppings of your choice.
Tips for Pumpkin Spice French Toast
- Use your favorite pumpkin spice blend, whether store-bought or homemade. Adjust the amount in the recipe to yoru preference.
- Make sure to allow the bread to soak the mixture for at least 5-10 seconds on each side.
- For french toast, stale bread is ideal because it holds its shape when dipped.
- I prefer to pan fry my french toast in oil, because I find that butter burns quickly between batches. If using butter, it helps to clean the pan between batches.
This pumpkin french toast is soon to be your favorite fall brunch recipe!
Tag me in your creations and follow me on Instagram @sprinklesandscribbles for more brunch inspiration!
Pumpkin Spice French Toast
- 6 slices bread
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- ½ cup milk
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 eggs
- ½ teaspoon pumpkin spice mix
- ½ teaspoon vanilla optional
- 4-6 tablespoons butter or oil
- 1-2 tablespoons icing sugar
- Maple syrup
Pumpkin Spice Mix
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp allspice
- In a large bowl whisk together, pumpkin puree, eggs, milk, sugar pumpkin pie spice.
- Heat a medium-sized skillet on medium heat.
- Dip one slice of bread into the pumpkin spice mixture for about 5-10 seconds, and flip to repeat.
- Once the skillet is hot, add in 1 tablespoon of butter or oil.
- Transfer the dipped bread to the skillet.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes until golden brown.
- Flip and continue cooking for another 2-3 minutes until golden brown.
- Transfer to a serving plate.
- Repeat for each slice of bread.
- Sprinkle icing sugar, and serve pumpkin french toast, hot with maple syrup and toppings of your choice.